Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lentils & Healthworks

I've been trying to get better about using the ingredients I already have and these dishes did just that--lentils from the pantry and salmon from the freezer!  Spinach, cheese and some form of onions are also always in my fridge.    While I didn't grow up eating lentils,  every time I make them I tell myself to do it more often.

The first dish came from Cooking with Mr. Latte, which I think would make for nice, light beach reading should you be somewhere like that ;)   Seared salmon over a bed of black beluga lentils in a vinegar-y dressing topped with some crispy shallots...  a delicious meal indeed!

Salmon w/Lentils

The other dish originated at Orangette, but I spied it at The Way the Cookie Crumbles.  I'm so glad I discovered lentils :)  Chewy wheat berries contrasted nicely with the soft caramelized onions and lentils.  Add in some spinach and a little salty feta, and another great meal!

Wheat Berries w/Lentils, Caramelized Onions & Feta


One more thing before I go...  I recently had the pleasure of attending a Healthworks Blogger event!  Maybe you've already read about it?   It was great to meet some new bloggers and put faces to blogs  :)   I must say, Healthworks a pretty awesome gym.  They have a ton of classes (I'm a fan of Bodypump and yoga) and it really feels like I'm in a high-class establishment.  Are you in the Boston area?   Want to try out Healthworks?   You're in luck--  Click here for a 3-day pass to Healthworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment