Monday, May 31, 2010

Saturday in the Park

After a bellini and martini filled Friday night I was happy to have absolutely no plans on Saturday. So, I ate a leisurely breakfast here:
Boston Runs on Dunkin?
Hangovers cured by Dunkin?
It was so gorgeous out that after breakfast I came back with a blanket, a pillow, and other essentials.
-H2O
-sunblock
-magazine
-book
-journalI read. I wrote. I napped. I felt perfectly content to just lay here. All afternoon...
...until I got hungry again. I picked up some fruits and veggies at Haymarket, which will be used in dishes that will accompany me to a BBQ on Sunday.
The berries were looking absolutely fabulous.
Raspberries are IN (season.)
Vegetables are looking fresh.
Then I picked up some lunch eats at the Golden Goose in the form of smoked salmon and bagels. I already had cream cheese, capers and lemon in the fridge.
The smoke salmon had cracked pepper and garlic added. I also purchased a 6-pack of Brooklyn Summer Ale and drank one with my meal. Commercial Description: Brooklyn Summer Ale is a modern rendition of the "Light Dinner Ales" brewed in England throughout the 1800's right up until the 1940's. They were also called "luncheon ales" or even "family ales", because they were refreshing and flavorful without being too heavy. We brew our Brooklyn Summer Ale from premium English barley malt, which gives this light-bodied golden beer a fresh bready flavor. German and American hops lend a light, crisp bitterness and a citrus/floral aroma resulting in a beer with a very sunny disposition.
Note the beautiful Red Leaf lettuce from my Mom's garden.

This very late lunch washed down with a cold Brooklyn Summer ale hit the spot.
We toyed with the idea of going out for dinner. But since I had such a late lunch and Adam was still pooped from a long Friday, (18 holes of golf - he was in a work tournament, followed by a late night out) we stayed in. Much later on I made a wrap with more of that amazing lettuce.
I didn't have many ingredients to add to the lettuce. On the tortilla is ranch dressing, spinach leaves, feta cheese and some croutons. Random. I think you could pair this lettuce with just about anything and it would taste good.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday. More Memorial Day Weekend re-caps to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment