Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grilled Shrimp, Tofu, and Pineapple Salad


It has been abnormally chilly in New York for this time of year, it actually feels much more like San Francisco with highs in the mid-60s.  To get myself in the mindset of warmer weather, I made an Asian fusion salad with a tropical flair from ingredients such as caramelized pineapples, crisp jicama and fresh mint. This salad always transports me to the lazy afternoons in California on our garden terrace when I'd have my feet up, sipping on a glass of ripe chardonnay, basking in the sun's warmth, and watching the boats sail quietly through the bay. It was during one of those amazing clear afternoons when I first made this salad, so I have very warm memories affiliated with it.
continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment