Sunday, May 16, 2010

Emerge Spa & Salon

Why my Friday was epic:
I get my hair cut all but once a year. Occasionally I will color it. I'm not kidding, I've lived in Boston for three years, I've gotten my hair cut (your basic trim) three times. I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment at Emerge on Newbury Street with the only one I truly trust to chop ELEVEN inches off my head, Ashley Nicole Mason. Ashley specializes in color, so it only makes sense as I'm having her cut 11 inches, to die my hair. She worked at De Beradinis Salon in NYC for about three years perfecting her skills, with a few stints here and there in Miami.
I'm not gonna lie kids, it's not easy to part:
I LOVE long hair.
But I've come to grips with the fact that it just needed to go. Do you know how much conditioner this mane requires?! On Friday afternoon I shocked Ashley by letting her know just how much she was chopping off. "Girrrrrrlllllll". Oh yea, she was up for it. First the chop of the ponytail, second the color, third Joselyn washed, and fourth the cut, style and blow dry. My hair and I received top notch high quality treatment in a relaxed and fun environment.

See what I mean?!
That pony is perfect Locks of Love material. I didn't tell Ashley how I wanted it cut, I just let her do her thing.
Ashley has an artistic vision and she is able to create the perfect look based on your personality and style.
She is focused and fun at the same time. She added some dramatic layers. Dramatic for a girl who doesn't partake in monthly hair upkeep. ;)
Clearly, I'm loving it. Look at how that red color just pops. I'm so pleased with how my hair came out!!! So happy I made the jump, and thrilled Ashley has made Boston her home.
I'm also loving Emerge's ambiance. Located at 275 Newbury Street, this salon and spa is exquisite.
It's fresh and tastefully designed without overwhelming you.
It's a calming sanctuary deemed "Boston's Ultimate Urban Oasis". I've found some Boston salons can be pretentious. Emerge is just the opposite. Fun Fact: Newbury Street has 92 salons. NINTEY TWO. They have iced water coolers with lemons on each floor and next to it a jar of cookies and chocolates. You can see the crumbs, evidence that I dug right into the cookie jar
Kerastase (nope, I still can't pronounce it) professional luxury hair products are used.
The front desk staff are super sweet. As Ashley walked me out she joked "So I won't be seeing you for a long time...." You never know Ash, I had so much fun getting my hair cut and colored by you that I might just be back in your chair sooner than you think!
Boston and Emerge are truly fortunate to have Ashley. Lucky for you, she is taking new clients. To make an appointment call 617-437-0006.

No comments:

Post a Comment